The Fourth Trimester
by Kimberly Ann Johnson
About “The Fourth Trimester” via Bookshop.org:
“A guide to help support women through post-partum healing on the physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual levels.
This holistic guide offers practical advice to support women through postpartum healing on the physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual levels–and provides women with a roadmap to this very important transition that can last from a few months to a few years.
Kimberly Ann Johnson draws from her vast professional experience as a doula, postpartum consultant, yoga teacher, body worker, and women’s health care advocate, and from the healing traditions of Ayurveda, traditional Chinese medicine, and herbalism–as well as her own personal experience–to cover
– how you can prepare your body for birth;
– how you can organize yourself and your household for the best possible transition to motherhood;
– simple practices and home remedies to facilitate healing and restore energy;
– how to strengthen relationships and aid the return to sex;
– learning to exercise safely postpartum;
– carrying your baby with comfort;
– exploring the complex and often conflicting emotions that arise postpartum;
– and much more.
As mentioned in the More Than You See Podcast. Listen HERE.